Covers the expansion space at a threshold or sliding door.
Used against sliding door tracks, fireplaces, carpet, ceramic tile or existing thresholds to allow for expansion space and to provide a smooth transition in height difference.
Installation of Threshold
- Screw or nail a temporary spacer block 3/4″ wide and a minimum of a 1/2″ in height, to the subfloor.
- Add an additional spacer, cut to the width of the required expansion zone, to the installation side of the spacer block.
- Install the hardwood up to the expansion zone spacer.
- Leave spacer block and expansion zone spacers in place and complete the entire hardwood floor installation
- Remove spacers.
- Attach Threshold pieces with nails (6d finish nails) or construction adhesive.*
- Always predrill the Threshold pieces with the appropriate size drill bit to avoid cracking or splitting.
- To allow the Hardwood to expand and contract freely, never fasten the Threshold pieces to the hardwood flooring.
* When installing over radiant heated subfloors, only use construction adhesive to attach Threshold pieces to the substrate.
Note: Due to height differences when transitioning hardwood flooring to existing flooring or vertical surfaces, it may be necessary to rip saw or shim Threshold pieces to achieve desired height.