Overall/Wear Layer Thickness: 1/8″ (3.2 mm)
Length x Width: 12″ x 12″ (30.5 cm x 30.5 cm)
Finish: Fast Start® (S-392 polish required before traffic)
Face Treatment: Traditional Smooth
Edge Treatment: Square Edges
Manufacturing Location: USA
Reasons to Specify Static Control Flooring
- Dissipates static to increase safety and prevent damage to expensive equipment
- Provides a continuous static dissipative surface throughout the space – tile-to-tile connectivity
- Long life value with true through-pattern VCT
- Exclusive Fast Start Factory Finish makes initial maintenance quick and easy
- Made in USA with global and domestic content
Excelon SDT is a complete system. Each component enhances the total performance:
- Tile with integral static dissipative elements
- S-202 Static Dissipative Adhesive
- Copper grounding strips (included with S-202 adhesive)
- S-392 Static Dissipative Polish
Applications For ESD Flooring
- Computer training rooms
- Data warehousing
- Electronic testing labs
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Hyperbaric spaces in healthcare settings
Excelon SDT static dissipative tile is a complete flooring solution designed to control static in most non-explosive manufacturing and working areas. The exclusive four-part system comprised of tile, adhesive, copper grounding strips, and polish, works together to dissipate electrostatic charges, protecting people and preventing damage to expensive equipment.
MATERIAL: A composition of polyvinyl chloride resin, binder, fillers, pigments, and antistatic additive.
PATTERNS AND COLORS: Colors and pattern are dispersed uniformly throughout the thickness of the material. Color pigments are insoluble in water and resistant to cleaning agents and light.
ASTM F 1066 Vinyl Composition Floor Tile, Class 2 – through pattern Meets requirements for size, thickness, squareness, indentation, impact, dimensional stability and resistance to chemicals.
FIRE TEST DATA:
ASTM E 648 Critical Radiant Flux Critical Radiant Flux – 0.45 watts/sq. cm. or more – Class I
ASTM E 662 Smoke – 450 or less
CAN/ULC – S102.2 – 07 – Flame Spread 0; Smoke Developed 30
Numerical flammability ratings alone may not define the performance of the product under actual fire conditions. These ratings are provided only for use in the selection of products to meet the specified limits.
STATIC LOAD LIMIT: 75 psi (5.27 kg/sq cm) (ASTM F 970)
- Installed as a system using the required adhesive, grounding strips and polish, SDT yields the following electrical properties:
- Resistance: ANSI / ESD-S7.1 and ASTM F-150
- Point to point and point to ground: 106 to 109 ohms
- Static Generation: ANSI / ESD STM 97.2 (flooring in combination with footwear and a person)
- at 40% R.H. with ESD shoes: <10 volts
- at 12% R.H. with ESD shoes: <10 volts
- Static Dissipation at 12% R.H.: Flooring in combination with a person wearing dissipative footware:
- 1000 to 100 volts: 0.2 seconds avg.
|Location:||All grade levels|
|System:||SDT (Static Dissipative Tile) Installation System|
|Fitting:||Tile cutter, straight scribe, hot knife|
Installation Special Precautions and Recommendations:
- Refer to the SDT (Static Dissipative Tile) Installation System for complete installation recommendations.
- The SDT Installation System requires the use of copper grounding strips supplied with S-202 Adhesive.
- If electrical certification of an installation is required, do not perform any maintenance procedures until after that certification has been completed.
- Use only Armstrong S-392 Static Dissipative Tile Polish on SDT. Refer to the SDT maintenance Procedures for complete maintenance recommendations.
- Do not install SDT in areas subject to excessive surface water or frequent spills.
- Do not install over existing resilient flooring.
- Pattern and Shade/Lot Numbers should match.
LEED Credit Information – Commercial
Sustainable Design Information
FloorScore Certificates – Vinyl Composition Tile
Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) – Vinyl Composition Tile
On & On Floor Recycling Program
Care and Maintenance
Maintenance Instructions for Static Dissipative Tile (SDT)
Product Data Table
|Pieces Per Carton||45|
|Length||12.4″ (31.5 cm)|
|Width||12.4″ (31.5 cm)|
|Height||6″ (15.2 cm)|
|Coverage Per Carton||45 sq ft (4.18 sq m)|
|Carton Weight||63 lbs (28.6 kg)|
|Cartons Per Pallet||24|
|Coverage Per Pallet||1080 sq ft (100.32 sq m)|