Transitions floor to edge of stair to provide a finished trim.
For use as a stair landings trim, elevated floor perimeters and stair steps.
Installation of Stairnose
- Install the Stairnose first.
- Attach Stairnose with nails (6d finish nails) and construction adhesive. When using construction adhesive, weight down the Stairnose evenly to ensure proper contact with the subfloor.*
- Always predrill Stairnose pieces with appropriate size drill bit to avoid cracking or splitting
- Apply a bead of recommended wood glue to the groove of the first board and continue installation.
* When installing over radiant heated subfloors, use only construction adhesive to attach Stairnose pieces to the subfloor.