Transitions floor to edge of stair to provide a finished trim.
For use as a stair landings trim and elevated floor perimeters.
Overlap Stairnosings/moldings are milled to allow the “lip” to ride up over the top of the flooring; used primarily with floating floor applications.
Installation of Stairnose
- Install the flooring first allowing for enough space for the stairnose and recommended expansion area.
- Attach Stairnose with nails (6d finish nails) and construction adhesive. When installing using only construction adhesive only, weight down the Stairnose evenly to ensure proper contact with the subfloor.*
- Always predrill Stairnose pieces with appropriate size drill bit to avoid cracking or splitting.
- For Overlap Stairnose allow for expansion between the Overlap Stairnose and the flooring.
* When installing over radiant heated subfloors, use only construction adhesive to attach Stairnose pieces to the subfloor.