Caution Eye and Skin Irritant
For Use With
|Taggants||Contains no visible taggants|
|Trowel||Fine notch (1/32″ deep, 1/16″ wide, 5/64″ apart), U-notch|
|Coverage||350–400 sq. ft./gallon (32-37 sq. m.)|
|Units||1 gallon (3.78 L) and 4 gallon (15.14 L)|
|Open Time||Until dry to touch; approximately 30 minutes or more|
|Working Time||18 hours (working times may vary based on job conditions, substrates, temperature and humidity)|
|Shelf Life||1 year, unopened|
|Freeze/Thaw Stable||Yes, to 10°F (-12° C)|
|VOC Content||Zero g/L; calculated and reported, SCAQMD 1168|
|Clean Up||Wet– clean, white cloth with neutral detergent and water|
Dry– clean, white cloth and mineral spirits
|Subfloors||All grade levels of concrete, ceramic, terrazzo and marble. Polymeric poured floors, suspended wood and wood underlayments. Steel, stainless steel, aluminum, lead, copper, brass and bronze. Properly mixed and applied powdered underlayment. Primed and poured-in-place gypsum subfloors. Radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85° F (29° C).|
|Advantages||Moisture and alkali resistant|
Nonflammable, ammonia-free and low odor
Contains low or no organic solvents
Can be used over “Cutback” adhesive residue (reduces subfloor prep)
|Size||1-gallon (3.78L) Disc. 10/12/21||4-gallon||15.14L|
|Carton Item No.||1-gallon (3.78L) – 00700408 Disc. 10/12/21||4-gallon – 00700418||15.14L – S-700605|
|Item/Carton UPC||1-gallon (3.78L) – |
0-42369-11430-1 Disc. 10/12/21
|15.14L – N.A.|
|1-gallon (3.78L) – N.A. Disc. 10/12/21||4-gallon – N.A.||15,14L – N.A.|
|Carton Weight||1-gallon (3.78L) –|
37.7 lbs.17.2 kg/ctn Disc. 10/12/21
|4-gallon – 37.5 lbs.||15.14L – 15.26 kg|
|Items per Carton||1-gallon (3.78L) – 4/carton||4-gallon –|
Containers sold individually
Containers sold individually
|Cartons per Pallet||1-gallon (3.78L) – 30 ctns||4-gallon – 48 pails||15.14L – 48 pails|
|Weight per Gallon||9 lbs||9 lbs||9 lbs|
When Armstrong S-700 is used with a recommended Armstrong floor application, the Armstrong Guaranteed Installation System warranty applies.
Will bond to all substrates listed below but refer to flooring installation system for specific installation recommendations:
- Concrete on (all grade levels) according to ASTM F710 and Preparation of Concrete Subfloors
- Existing asphalt “cutback” residue which is smooth with no ridges or puddles evident
- Suspended Wood and Wood Underlayments
- Existing well-bonded resilient flooring; not perimeter-bonded or cushion-backed
- Ceramic tile, terrazzo, marble and polymeric-poured floors
- Properly mixed and applied powder underlayments and embossing levelers
- Clean and abraded steel, stainless steel, aluminum, lead, copper, brass and bronze
- Primed, poured-in-placed gypsum subfloors
- Radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85oF (29o C)
DO NOT USE OVER: Concrete with excessive moisture and/or alkali; existing cushion-backed resilient flooring; substrates treated with fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, preservatives, release agents, adhesive removers, sealers, curing compounds or other incompatible treatments
- Condition area to be installed, adhesive, and tile at 65° F (18° C) or above for 48 hours before and 48 hours after installation.
- Subfloor must be smooth, sound, dry, clean, and free of dirt, wax, polish, paint, and all other foreign matter which may interfere in a good bond, including curing agents and sealers.
- Always run a moisture and alkali test over concrete on any grade level or any other substrate over on- or below-grade concrete. For accurate results, curing agents must be removed in areas where tests will be run. Calcium Chloride test results should not exceed 5 pounds/1000 sq ft/24 hours, relative humidity in-situ probe results should not exceed 80%. Alkali readings should be 5 to 9.
- Stir any liquid on the surface into the adhesive and full spread using the recommended trowel notching.
- Allow adhesive to set open until dry to the touch, approximately 30 to 60 minutes. When dry to the touch, the adhesive will be tacky with no transfer to fingers.
- Install and fit all tile within 18 hours. Working time will vary based on job conditions, substrate, temperature and humidity.
- Most resilient commercial tile does not need to be rolled upon completion of the installation. However, residential tile and certain specialty tile must be rolled – refer to Tile Installation System for recommendations.
- Remove wet adhesive residue using a clean, white cloth dampened with soapy water. Use mineral spirits for dried adhesive residue carefully following warnings on container.
- Do not wet wash or strip tile for at least five days after installation.