Caution Eye and Skin Irritant
For Use With
|Taggants||Yes- blue glitter|
|Trowel||fine notch (1/32″ deep, 1/16″ wide, 5/64″ apart), U-notch|
|Coverage||250–300 sq. ft./gallon (23-28 sq. m.)|
|Units||1 gallon (3.78 L) and 4 gallon (15.14 L)|
|Open Time||Porous subfloors: Set-in-wet: Minimum 10-20 minutes|
Nonporous subfloors: Dry-to-touch: 30 minutes or more
|Working Time||Up to 1 hour (working times may vary based on job conditions, temperature, humidity, air circulation, etc.)|
|Shelf Life||2 year, unopened|
|Freeze/Thaw Stable||Yes, to 10°F (-12° C)|
|VOC Content||< 14 g/L; calculated and reported, SCAQMD 1168|
|Clean Up||Wet– clean, white cloth with neutral detergent and water|
Dry– clean, white cloth and mineral spirits
|Subfloors||All grade levels of concrete, existing resilient floors, ceramic, terrazzo, marble, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, polymeric poured floors and suspended woodRadiant Heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85° F (29° C)|
|Advantages||For Full Spread and Perimeter Plus Systems|
Moisture and alkali resistant
Strong, early grab
Nonflammable, ammonia-free and low odor
Contains low or no organic solvents
|Carton Item No.||1-gallon – 00599408|
4-gallon – 00599418
|3.78L – 00599408|
15.14L – 00599418
|Item/Carton UPC||1-gallon – 0-42369-35011-2 (Resale)|
1-gallon – 10042369350119 (4 per carton)
4-gallon – 0-42369-35010-5 (order individually)
|3.78L –0-42369-35689-3 (Resale)|
3.78L –10042369356890 (4 per carton)
15.14L – 0-42369-35688-6 (order individually)
|Carton Weight||1-gallon – 36 lbs.|
4-gallon – 34 lbs.
|3.78L – 36 lbs.|
15.14L – 34 lbs.
|Items per Carton||1-gallon – Sold packaged 4/ carton|
4-gallon – Containers sold individually
|3.78L – Sold packaged 4/carton|
15.14L – Containers sold individually
|Cartons per Pallet||1-gallon – 45|
4-gallon – 48
|3.78L – 45|
15.14L – 48
When Armstrong S-599 ChoiceStrong is used with a recommended Armstrong floor application, the Armstrong Guaranteed Installation System warranty applies.
Will bond to all substrates listed below but refer to flooring installation system for specific installation recommendations:
- Concrete on (all grade levels) according to ASTM F710 and Preparation of Concrete Subfloors
- Existing asphalt “cutback” residue which is smooth with no ridges or puddles evident
- Suspended Wood and Wood Underlayments
- Existing well-bonded resilient flooring; not perimeter-bonded or cushion-backed
- Ceramic tile, terrazzo, marble and polymeric-poured floors
- Properly mixed and applied powder underlayments and embossing levelers
- Clean and abraded steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
- Primed, poured-in-placed gypsum subfloors
- Radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85oF (29o C)
DO NOT USE OVER: Concrete with excessive moisture and/or alkali; existing cushion-backed resilient flooring; substrates treated with fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, preservatives, release agents, adhesive removers, sealers, curing compounds or other incompatible treatments
- Condition the area to be installed, adhesive, and flooring to minimum 65o F (18o C) for 48 hours before, during, and for 48 hours after installation.
- Subfloor must be smooth, sound, dry, clean, and free of dirt, wax, polish, paint, and all other foreign matter which may interfere in a good bond, including curing agents and sealers.
- Always run a moisture and alkali test over concrete on any grade level or any other substrate over on- or below-grade concrete. For accurate results, curing agents must be removed in areas where tests will be run. Calcium Chloride test results should not exceed 5 pounds/1000 sq ft/24 hours, relative humidity in-situ probe results should not exceed 90%. Alkali readings should be 5 to 9.
- Stir any liquid on the surface into the adhesive and full spread using the recommended trowel notching.
- Before installing over nonporous surfaces, allow adhesive to set open until dry to the touch (tacky but no transfer to fingers), approximately 30 minutes. Before installing over porous surfaces, allow the adhesive to set open, minimum 10-20 minutes but not become dry to the touch (Set in wet).
- After appropriate open time, install floor. Within 60 minutes, cut and fit carefully, as flooring cannot be repositioned. Working time will vary based on job conditions, substrate, temperature, and humidity.
- Roll flooring in both directions with a 100 lb. roller staying 2″ away from seams. Hand roll seams and seal as recommended.
- Remove wet adhesive residue using a clean, white cloth dampened with soapy water. Use mineral spirits for dried adhesive residue carefully following warnings on container.
- Newly installed flooring should not be exposed to rolling load traffic for at least 72 hours after installation to allow setting and drying of the adhesive.