Caution Eye and Skin Irritant
For Use With
For use with the following Installation Systems:
|Type||Water-based/resin; pressure-sensitive; acrylic base|
|Taggants||Contains no visible taggants|
|Applicator||Brush or roller|
|Coverage||200–250 sq. ft./ half-gallon (18-23 sq. m.)|
|Units||Half-gallon (1.89 L)|
|Open Time||Dry to pressure sensitive state; minimum of 20-30 minutes|
|Working Time||Unlimited (working times may vary based on job conditions, temperature, humidity, air circulation, etc.)|
|Shelf Life||1 year, unopened|
|Freeze/Thaw Stable||No, keep from freezing|
|VOC Content||2 g/L; calculated and reported, SCAQMD 1168|
|Clean Up||Wet–clean, white cloth with neutral detergent and water|
Dry– clean, white cloth and mineral spirits
|Walls||Standard, structurally sound|
|Advantages||Moisture and alkali resistant|
Nonflammable, ammonia-free and low odor
Contains low or no organic solvents
|Size||1/2 Gallon||1/2 Gallon (1.9L)|
|Carton Weight||19.8 lbs||19.8 lbs|
|Items per Carton||4||4|
|Cartons per Pallet||54||54|
When S-580 is used with a recommended Armstrong floor application, the Armstrong Guaranteed Installation System warranty applies.
Will bond to all substrates listed below but refer to flooring installation system for specific installation recommendations:
- Concrete and concrete block
- Gypsum drywall
- Wood and plywood
- Abraded plastic laminate
DO NOT USE OVER: Concrete with excessive moisture and/or alkali; substrates treated with fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, preservatives, release agents, adhesive removers, sealers, curing compounds or other incompatible treatmentsStir well before using
- Condition the area to be installed, adhesive, and flooring to 65 degrees F (18 degrees C) or above for 48 hours before, during, and for 48 hours after installation.
- Substrate must be smooth, sound, dry, clean, and free of dirt, wax, polish, paint, and all other foreign matter which may interfere in a good bond, including curing agents and sealers.
- Glossy surfaces must be abraded for a proper bond.
- Stir any liquid on the surface into the adhesive.
- Apply two coats of S-580 Flash Cove Adhesive with a brush 4″ on the floor as well as up the entire cove area. Allow adhesive to dry to a pressure-sensitive state between applications.
- Before installing flooring, allow adhesive to set open for 20-30 minutes until it becomes dry to pressure sensitive state.
- After appropriate open time, install floor. Working time is unlimited to cut, fit and reposition.
- Roll adhered areas with a hand roller and seam seams as recommended.
- Remove wet adhesive residue using a clean, white cloth dampened with soapy water. Use mineral spirits for dried adhesive residue carefully following warnings on container.