Caution Eye and Skin Irritant
Keep From Freezing
For Use With
- Commercial Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring Installation System
- Residential Luxury Vinyl Tile Installation System
|Type||S-315 Roll Strong™ Adhesive|
|Roller||3/8” nap paint roller|
|Coverage||350-400 sq. ft./gallon (13-16 sq. m.) for Luxury Vinyl Tile when applied with 3/8″ nap paint roller|
|Units||1 Gallon (3.78 L)|
4 Gallon (15.14L)
|Open Time||Until dry-to-touch: approximately 15 minutes or more|
|Working Time||Up to 4 hours (working times may vary based on job conditions, substrates, temperature and humidity)|
|RH (ASTM F2170)||See Moisture Testing|
|pH||See Moisture Testing|
|MVER (ASTM F1869)||See Moisture Testing|
|Shelf Life||2 years, unopened|
|Freeze/Thaw Stable||See freeze indicator image below|
No, keep from freezing
Store inside at a temperature of 65 – 95 degrees F.
|VOC Content||0 g/L; calculated and reported, SCAQMD 1168|
|Clean Up||Wet– clean, white cloth with neutral detergent and water|
Dry– clean, white cloth and mineral spirits
|Subfloors||All grade levels of concrete, existing resilient floors, ceramic, terrazzo, marble, polymeric poured floors and suspended wood|
|Advantages||Moisture and alkali resistant|
Strong, early grab
Nonflammable, ammonia-free and low odor
Contains low or no organic solvents
Suitable for heavy rolling loads
Allows immediate traffic
|Size||1-Gallon (3.78 L)|
4-Gallon (15.14 L)
|Carton Item No.||1-Gallon – 00315108|
4-Gallon – 00315418
|Item UPC||1 -Gallon – 042369966887|
4-Gallon – 042369966894
|Carton Weight||1-Gallon – 9.24 lbs|
4-Gallon – 36 lbs
|Items per Carton||Sold individually|
|Pails per Pallet||1-Gallon – 100|
4-Gallon – 48
Check Freeze Indicator Before Use:
When Armstrong S-315 is used with a recommended Armstrong floor application, the Armstrong Guaranteed Installation System warranty applies.
DO NOT USE OVER: Concrete with excessive moisture and/or alkali; existing cushion-backed resilient flooring; substrates treated with fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, preservatives, release agents, adhesive removers, sealers, curing compounds or other incompatible treatments
Will bond to all substrates listed below but refer to flooring installation system for specific installation recommendations:
- Concrete on (all grade levels) according to ASTM F710 and Preparation of Concrete Subfloors
- Suspended Wood and Wood Underlayments
- Existing well-bonded resilient flooring; not perimeter-bonded or cushion-backed
- Ceramic tile, terrazzo, marble and polymeric-poured floors
- Properly mixed and applied powder underlayments and embossing levelers
- Primed, poured-in-placed gypsum subfloors
- Radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85oF (29o C)
DO NOT USE OVER: Concrete with excessive moisture and/or alkali; existing cushion-backed resilient flooring; substrates treated with fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, preservatives, release agents, adhesive removers, sealers, curing compounds or other incompatible treatments.For use with the following Installation Systems:
- Condition the area to be installed, adhesive, and flooring to minimum 65 degrees F (18 degrees C) for 48 hours before, during, and for 48 hours after installation. The installation site must be acclimated with HVAC in operation.
- Subfloor must be smooth, sound, dry, clean, and free of dirt, wax, polish, paint, and all other foreign matter which may interfere in a good bond, including curing agents and sealers.
- Damp mop is recommended prior to application.
- Always run a moisture and alkali test over concrete on any grade level or any other substrate over on- or below-grade concrete. For accurate results, curing agents must be removed in areas where tests will be run. For LVT relative humidity in-situ probe results should not exceed 95% for LVT. PH readings should be 5 to 11.
- A roll-on application method is recommended with a medium nap (3/8″nap) roller to achieve a smooth even full-spread coating. Spread rate and drying time of the adhesive will depend on the porosity and texture of the substrates and the ambient temperature and relative humidity. KEEP PAINT ROLLER WET!! Do not apply pressure to the roller, allow it to freely roll over the substrate. ADHESIVE COVERAGE MUST NOT EXCEED 400 ft2/gal!! Overly absorbent or rough substrates will require two coats. Once the coating has dried, it must be kept clean and apart from any contact with other surfaces until ready to begin the bonding process. Do not spread more adhesive than can be covered in 4 hours.
- Once the S-315 Roll Strong adhesive has dried, install LVT as per recommended. LVT can be repositioned as necessary prior to applying pressure. After completion of the installation, roll the entire floor in both directions with 100 lb. roller to achieve a full contact bond. Note: After the flooring has been rolled or pressed into place, repositioning is not possible. Normal traffic and rolling loads may be allowed as soon as the installation, finishing and clean-up are complete.