Caution Eye and Skin Irritant
May cause allergic skin or respiratory reaction
Mixing Part A and Part B may generate heat build-up
NOTICE – DO NOT USE AT AMBIENT TEMPERATURES ABOVE 85°F (29°C)
For Use With
- Vinyl Composition Tile (Safety Zone Tile in Specialty Areas)
- Commercial Luxury Vinyl Tile
- Safety Zone Sheet Slip-Retardant Flooring Installation System
|Color||Part A: Light Gray, Part B: Beige|
|Trowel||Fine notch (1/32″ deep, 1/16″ wide, 5/64″ apart), U-notch For Rubber Tile |
Regular notch – (1/16″ deep, 1/16″ wide, 3/32″ apart), U-notch Regular
Note: Always back roll trowel ridges using a 3/16″ paint roller.
|Coverage||170-190 sq. ft./gallon (15-17 sq. meters)|
|Units||1 gallon (3.78 L)|
|Open Time||Approximately 10-20 minutes (Set-in-wet)|
|Working Time||Up to one hour (working times may vary based on job conditions, substrates, temperature and humidity)|
|RH (ASTM F2170)||See Moisture Testing|
|pH||See Moisture Testing|
|MVER (ASTM F1869)||See Moisture Testing|
|Shelf Life||2 year, unopened|
|Freeze/Thaw Stable||Yes, to 10°F (-12° C)|
|VOC Content||Part A and Part B- 10 g/L; calculated and reported, SCAQMD 1168|
|Clean Up||Wet– clean, white cloth with neutral detergent and water|
Dry– clean, white cloth and mineral spirits
|Subfloors||All grade levels of concrete, existing resilient floors, ceramic, terrazzo, marble, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, lead, polymeric poured floors and approved suspended wood|
Radiant heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85° F (29° C)
|Advantages||Moisture and alkali resistant|
Suitable for use with most Armstrong Flooring commercial installation systems
|Size||1/2-gallon (Disc. 1/4/2020)|
1-gallon (Disc. 11/24/2020)
|Carton Item No.||1/2-gallon – 00240106|
1-gallon – 00240108A
|1.9L – S-240106|
3.78L – S-240108A
11 ¾” L x 7” W x 6 ½” H
13 7/8” L x 8 1/8” W x 8” H
29.7cm L x 17.8cm W x 16.5cm
35.2cm L x 20.6cm W x 20.3cm H
|Carton Weight||1/2-gallon – 6.5 lbs|
1-gallon- 13 lbs
|1.9L – 2.9 lbs|
3.78L – 5.9 lbs
|Items per Carton||1/2-gallon – Part A .5 Gallon,|
Part B 1 Quart
1-gallon – Part A 1 Gallon,
Part B .5 Gallon
|1.9L – Part A .5 Gallon,|
Part B 1 Quart
3.78L – Part A 1 Gallon,
Part B .5 Gallon
|Cartons per Pallet||1/2-gallon – 60|
1-gallon – 75
|1.9L – 60|
When Armstrong Flooring S-240 is used with a recommended Armstrong floor application, the Armstrong Flooring Guaranteed Installation System warranty applies.
Will bond to all substrates listed below but refer to the flooring installation system for specific installation recommendations:
- Concrete on (all grade levels) according to ASTM F710 and Preparation of Concrete Subfloors
- Suspended Wood and Wood Underlayments
- Existing well-bonded resilient flooring; not perimeter-bonded or cushion-backed
- Ceramic tile, terrazzo, marble and polymeric-poured floors
- Properly mixed and applied powder underlayments and embossing levelers
- Primed, poured-in-placed gypsum subfloors
- Clean and abraded steel, stainless steel, and aluminum and lead
- Radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85oF (29o C)
DO NOT USE OVER: Concrete with excessive moisture and/or alkali; substrates with paint, grease, oil, plaster, dust, or dirt; substrates treated with fire retardant chemicals, fungicides, preservatives, release agents, adhesive removers, sealers, curing compounds or other incompatible treatments.
POT LIFE: Approximately 15 minutes; must be removed from container immediately after mixing
NOTICE: DO NOT USE AT TEMPERATURES ABOVE 85 DEG. F (29 DEG. C).
INSTALLATION TIPS: Refer to installation system.
- When installing Natural Creations Classics/Natural Creations with Diamond 10 Technology/Parallel/Parallel USA/Vivero Best/Vivero Better LVT in areas subject to direct sunlight, topical moisture, or temperature fluctuations, Armstrong Flooring S-240 Epoxy Adhesive must be used.
- Condition the area to be installed, adhesive and flooring at 65° F (18° C) or over for 48 hours before, during and 48 hours after installation.
- Surface must be sound, smooth, dry, clean and free of excessive moisture or alkali.
- Always run a moisture and alkali tests over concrete on any grade level or any other substrate over on- or below-grade concrete. For accurate results, curing agents must be removed in areas where tests will be run. Moisture test results should not exceed 8 pounds/1000 sq ft/24 hours for a calcium chloride test or 90% for a relative humidity in-situ probe test. Alkali readings should be 5 to 9.
- Remove dirt, wax, loose paint, and all other foreign matter that would interfere with a good bond such as curing agents and sealers.
- Mix S-240 Part A with Part B
- Spread adhesive using recommended trowel.
- Before installing floor, carefully read and follow open time instructions for the flooring product’s installation system.
- When installing Armstrong commercial vinyl-backed and fiberglass-backed sheet flooring, it will be necessary to smooth out the adhesives trowel ridges of the S-240 Epoxy Adhesive using the supplied 3/16″ paint roller (see new back-roll instructions).
- After appropriate open time, install floor. Within 30 minutes roll the material using a 100 lb roller. Starting at the center and working toward the edges, roll the material in the direction of the trowel notches and then again in the opposite direction (staying 2″ from any seams).
- If any bubbles appear, remove the flooring from the S-240 Adhesive to remove any trapped air pockets. Re-position the flooring and roll the material as outlined.
- Repeat rolling procedure at 1 hour and 2 hours after initial application of S-240 Adhesive.
- Seal seams as recommended.
- Carefully clean wet adhesive residue using a clean, white cloth dampened with soapy water. Dried adhesive cannot be removed.