Traffic Type: Commercial
Overall/Wear Layer Thickness: 1/8″ (3.2 mm)
Length x Width: Two units of 3′ 9″ x 3′ each (Includes inset only. Requires separate field tile to complete court)
Finish: Fast Start® (polish required before traffic)
Face Treatment: Traditional Smooth
Edge Treatment: Square Edges
Manufacturing Location: USA
5 Year Commercial Limited Warranty
Kit includes inset only. Field tile must be chosen and ordered separately.
Kit consists of pre-cut Premium Excelon Feature Tile
Official shuffleboard dimensions are 6′ wide by 52′ long. The Armstrong Flooring standard shuffleboard unit dimensions are 3′ wide by 18′ long, and it is available in red/white/blue. Each kit contains two ends each 3′ wide by 3’9″ long.
Model Number: 50509 (831)
Total weight of Shuffleboard Inset Kit: 24 lbs
MATERIAL: A composition of polyvinyl chloride resin, plasticizers, stabilizers, fillers, and pigments.
CONSTRUCTION AND COLORS: Color and pattern detail are dispersed uniformly throughout the thickness of the material. Color pigments are insoluble in water and resistant to cleaning agents and light.
NOTE: Solid color Feature Tile tends to show scratching and soiling more readily than patterned flooring. We recommend not installing Feature Tile as full field installations or in high traffic areas.
GLOSS: (typical value) 60° specular, 20-40 Light Reflectivity Chart: CLICK HERE.
ASTM F 1066 Vinyl Composition Floor Tile, Class 1 – solid color
FIRE TEST DATA:
ASTM E 648 Critical Radiant Flux Critical Radiant Flux – 0.45 watts/sq. cm. or more – Class I
ASTM E 662 Smoke – 450 or less
CAN/ULC – S102.2 – 07 – Flame Spread 0; Smoke Developed 30
Numerical flammability ratings alone may not define the performance of the product under actual fire conditions. These ratings are provided only for use in the selection of products to meet the specified limits.
STATIC LOAD LIMIT:
ASTM F 970*; 2000 psi
*Testing at loads above 250 psi is outside the scope of the test method. Since testing is conducted on uninstalled flooring, results do not consider the performance of the adhesive, underlayment, or subfloor. These test results are not an indicator of the installed flooring system performance
LEED Credit Information – Commercial
Sustainable Design Information
FloorScore Certificates – Vinyl Composition Tile
Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) – Vinyl Composition Tile
Resilient Sheet Flooring Products and Resilient Tile Flooring Products MIS
|Location:||All grade levels|
|System:||Commercial Tile Installation System|
|Fitting:||Tile cutter, straight scribe, hot knife|
Flip Spray Adhesive
- Precaution: Do not install over existing below-grade tile.
Official shuffleboard dimensions are 6′ wide by 52′ long. The Armstrong standard shuffleboard unit dimensions are 3′ wide by 18′ long, and it is available in red/white/blue. Each kit contains two ends each 3′ wide by 3’9″ long.
The length of the room must first be considered. It is much easier and requires fewer cuts of the field tile if the installation is laid out so that the shuffleboard court has full field tile from the outer edge of one 10 OFF zone to the outer edge of the other 10 OFF zone. This distance can be either odd or even, based upon the room size, but if the distance is set in full feet, the layout is greatly simplified and the number of complicated cuts is greatly reduced.
- Determine which wall you are going to square and measure from. When this has been determined, measure from this wall to wherever the CENTER LINE of the court should be. By measuring out into the room from both ends of this wall and making a mark on the subfloor, a chalkline can now be dropped from one mark to the other to create the CENTER LINE of the court. (Note: If tile will be installed in the entire room, make sure at least a half tile is left at all the perimeter walls and then adjust the CENTER LINE accordingly.)
- The CENTER LINE must run through the point at the top of both scoring zones (the tip of the 10 triangle). Measure 18″ from both ends of the CENTER LINE and make a mark on the subfloor. Drop another chalkline from mark to mark to create the other sideline. Repeat this on the other side of the CENTER LINE to create one sideline of the court. The length and width of the court is now outlined by chalklines.
- Next, determine the placement of each scoring zone. The easiest way to do this is to place the 10 OFF zone pieces between the sidelines at both ends of the court and measure from the outer edge of one to the outer edge of the other. Again, if this distance is in full feet, the installation is greatly simplified. Allow for the 18″ field on the outside of the 10 OFF zone pieces.
- Make a mark across the CENTER LINE at the outer edge of each 10 OFF piece and pull the piece out of the way. Align a carpenter’s square along the CENTER LINE with the 90 degree arm of the carpenter square and draw a line perpendicular to the CENTER LINE along the edge of the carpenter’s square. These are the base lines for the inset.
- Spread the adhesive up to the base line and up to the sidelines, 4 feet into the court from the base lines. After recommended open time, align the outer edge of the 10 OFF pieces to the base lines and touching the sidelines. Install the two 7 pieces so the outer tips touch the sidelines. Finish installing the scoring zones.
- As you place the field tile up to the scoring zones, heat the tile on the back side and cut them to fit against the scoring zone. Complete the field tile installation.
The diagram shown below indicates correct measurements and arrangement for the complete shuffleboard court. This court has been scaled down from the regulation size to make it adaptable for residential recreation rooms.
The dotted lines on the right-hand section show the suggested method for cutting field tile on the job to complete each 3’0″ x 6’6″ playing end of the court. These dimensions may be reduced according to the size of the room.
Care and Maintenance
Commercial Care & Maintenance Instructions for VCT
Vinyl Composition Tile (VCT) Installed in Your Home – Maintenance Recommendations
Cleaner: Armstrong Flooring S-485
Polish: Armstrong Flooring S-480