General floor care directions for HartWood finish products in RESIDENTIAL applications only
For Acrylic Impregnated HartWood Parquet, Premier Performance, Pattern-Plus, Pattern-Plus 5000 & Hartwood Plank floors that are without Permion Finish.
Not for use on urethane finished floors.
For proper care, always follow directions on each product label.
Remove any existing adhesive on the flooring with low odor mineral spirits and clean cloth. Clean the floor thoroughly by sweeping and using Bruce Hardwood & Laminate Cleaner. When the flooring is clean and dry, apply two thin coats of Armstrong Shinekeeper with a clean, dampened swivel-head mop with terry cloth cover, microfiber pad, or lambs wool applicator per direction on the label. Let dry thoroughly before using. No buffing required.
Sweep, vacuum or dust mop regularly to keep clean. Wipe up spills or spots with a damp cloth or swivel-head mop with terry cloth cover using Bruce Hardwood & Laminate Cleaner. Large areas can be cleaned by misting Bruce Hardwood & Laminate Cleaner on the area and wiping until clean and dry with a soft towel or swivel-head mop. As needed, apply one or two thin coats of Armstrong Shinekeeper per direction on the label and let dry. No buffing required. No more than four applications a year is recommended for normal residential use and care.
To renew color and to accent the grain in small scratched or worn areas, apply Dura Seal Neutral Liquid Floor Wax per direction on the label. (Note: Do not apply Dura Seal Neutral Liquid Floor Wax over existing Armstrong Shinekeeper or Pattern Plus Shine, see removal instruction below). Allow the Dura Seal Neutral Liquid Floor Wax to dry overnight. Once the color has been enriched and the Dura Seal Neutral Liquid Floor Wax has thoroughly dried, apply two thin coats Armstrong Shinekeeper per direction on the label.
Do not use on Permion finished hardwood floors. Do not use on Maple floors.
Directions for Use:
- Pour Armstrong New Beginning into a bucket, paint roller pan or other shallow pan.
- Soak a clean applicator, or dampened sponge mop in the Armstrong New Beginning and squeeze out the excess liquid. For best results, use a lamb’s wool applicator, although a flat sponge mop may be used. Spread an even amount of Armstrong New Beginning over a small area of the floor (3′ X 3′). Do not leave puddles. Allow this to stand for one minute.
- Buff the area with stripper applied using a slow speed (less than 1,000 RPM) buffer and a blue/green nylon stripper or natural blend pad (equivalent to a 3M).
- Repeat Step 3 if removal is not complete.
- Remove residue using a lightly dampened sponge mop, microfiber pad or terrycloth cover.
- Move to a new area repeating steps 1 – 5 until entire floor is complete.
- Allow the floor to completely dry. Check for areas in which stripping may not have been satisfactory. These areas will appear as shiny spots on a floor that is now otherwise dull. Repeat the removal procedures (Steps 1 through 5) on these areas as needed.
- When all the Pattern-Plus Shine or Shinekeeper has been removed, allow the floor to dry. Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove loosened dirt or lint.
- To renew color and to accent the grain, apply one or more thin coats of Dura Seal Neutral Liquid Floor Wax per direction on the label. Follow the instructions on the label for application. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
- Apply two thin coats Armstrong Shinekeeper per direction on the label for maximum enhancement of the beauty of your Hartwood floor.
For Maple Species (Pattern Plus)
Note: DO NOT use New Beginning on Maple Species.
- To remove blemishes and old maintenance materials, thoroughly buff the entire floor with a Square Buff vibrating machine and a maroon pad made by 3M company, or equal. Use new pads frequently. All materials and blemishes need to be removed.
- Vacuum the floor with a good vacuum that has a brush attachment for the hose to remove most of the debris without scratching the floor.
- Remaining debris can be removed with a swivel-head mop with terry cloth cover. Wet a terry cloth cover and wring out thoroughly. Mop the floor until no debris/residue is left. This may require mopping at least twice. Reverse the cover when soiled, and clean it when both sides of the cover become soiled.
- When the flooring is clean and dry, apply two thin coats of Armstrong Shinekeeper with a clean, dampened swivel-head mop with terry cloth cover, microfiber pad, or lambs wool applicator per direction on the label. Let dry thoroughly before using. No buffing required.
- As needed, follow the Routine Care recommendations listed a
Please follow Armstrong Flooring’s instructions for application and usage of the Armstrong products.
Please follow Dura Seal’s instructions for application and usage of the Dura Seal products.