This product is manufactured and distributed by Taylor Adhesives. For ordering information please contact Taylor Adhesives at 800-868-GLUE (4583) or tayloradhesives.com
- DO NOT take internally.
- If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
APPROVED FLOORING TYPES
- Engineered and solid hardwood
- Dry-back parquet
- Cork flooring
- Cork underlayment
- Cork-backed hard surface
- Acrylic impregnated plank
APPROVED SUBSTRATES & SURFACES
- APA underlayment grade plywood and OSB
- Association grade particleboard
- Cement backer board
- Cementitious and anhydrite screeds
- Concrete and radiant heated subfloors that do not exceed 85°F (30°C)
- Existing well-bonded non-cushion-backed vinyl, tile and sheet flooring
- Fully secured cork underlayments
- Gypsum and lightweight concrete (with approved primer)
- Terrazzo (properly prepared with all waxes and surface finishes removed)
- Well-bonded residue from cutback adhesives
SUBSTRATE & SURFACE PREPARATION
Follow flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for allowable levels of moisture. Substrate must be prepared per ASTM F710 standards including, but not limited to the following:
- Concrete floors must be dry, clean, smooth and structurally sound. They shall be free of any foreign materials that might prevent adhesive bond, including dust, dirt, solvent, paint, wax, oil, grease, residual adhesive, adhesive removers, incompatible sealers, fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, release agents, alkaline salts, excessive carbonation, laitance, mold, mildew, and curing, sealing, hardening or parting compounds.
- Fill all surface cracks, grooves, depressions, control joints and non-moving joints with moisture-resistant patching and self-leveling compounds, allow to fully cure and correct high spots before applying adhesive.
- The substrate, adhesive and flooring must be acclimated in an enclosed building with the HVAC operational between 60-85°F (15-30°C), and between 30-65% relative humidity, for at least 72 hours before, during and after the installation.
- When installing over radiant heated subfloors, turn the heat off for 24 hours before, during and after installation. Failure to turn the heat off may result in shortened working time of the adhesive. When turning radiant heat back on, raise it incrementally, not to exceed a change of more than 5 degrees per hour to a maximum of 85°.
- Wood subfloors and underlayments must have a moisture content below 12% using a Tramex or Delmhorst moisture meter.
- When installing thin-gauge wood (solid or engineered), irregular substrates may telegraph through as adhesive pulls wood down during curing stages. Therefore, substrates must be properly leveled (see ASTM F710) to prevent telegraphing.
- Concrete must be placed in strict accordance with applicable standards and specifications. An intact moisture vapor retarder must be present below the concrete (see ASTM E1745), must be fully cured (at least 45 days) and without hydrostatic pressure.
- Flooring must be acclimated per manufacturer’s guidelines.
Follow wood flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for layout, design and any special precautions for installation
- Using a 30oz caulking gun, apply GLUE ASSIST PRO to the either the back of the plank or to the substrate in a serpentine pattern, making sure to apply a sufficient amount of adhesive for proper bond.
- Install flooring immediately after adhesive is spread.
- Working time is approximately 45 min under acceptable temperature and humidity conditions.
- When used to install wood transitions the use of approved blue tape to temporarily hold the transition in place may be necessary until installation is complete.
- When installing unfinished wood flooring, wait a minimum of 72 hours before sanding.
- Thin-gauge solid and engineered wood and exotic species are very sensitive to job site conditions.
- Reseal lid when not in use to protect product.
- While product is still wet: use a damp cloth and water to remove.
- While product is still soft: use approved adhesive remover/stripper, denatured alcohol or mineral spirits. Always check compatibility on a piece of scrap flooring.
|Product Classification||Modified urethane (isocyanate free)|
|Base Chemistry||STPE polymer-based|
|Curing Method||Moisture cure|
|Consistency||Smooth, medium viscosity liquid|
|Freeze/Thaw||Stable to 10°F (-12°C)|
|Shelf Life||1 year|
|Open Time||0 minutes|
|Working Time||45 min|
|Cure Time||12 hrs|
|Light Traffic||12 hrs|
|Heavy Traffic||24 hrs|
|Heavy Rolling Loads||N/A|
|VOC (g/L) – SCAQMD, Rule #1168||0.1|
|LEED Points||Contributes to low emitting materials|
This product should be stored at temperatures between 50-90°F (15-32° C). While this product is freeze-thaw stable, it is necessary to protect it from freezing.
Freeze/thaw stable to 10°F (-12°C).
For warranty information, call Bruce Flooring at 1-866-243-2726, visit us on the web at www.bruce.com.