This product is manufactured and distributed by Taylor Adhesives. For ordering information please contact Taylor Adhesives at 800-868-GLUE (4583) or tayloradhesives.com
- DO NOT take internally.
- If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
APPROVED FLOORING TYPES
- Sheet goods (vinyl, homogeneous, heterogeneous, fiberglass, felt-backed)
- Rubber (tile and sheet)
- Cork-backed hard surface
- Cork underlayment
- Stair treads (rubber and vinyl)
APPROVED SUBSTRATES & SURFACES
- APA underlayment grade plywood and OSB
- Association grade particleboard
- Cement backer board
- Concrete and radiant heated subfloors that do not exceed 85°F (30°C)
- Existing well-bonded non-cushion-backed vinyl, tile and sheet flooring
- Fully secured cork underlayments
- Gypsum and lightweight concrete (primed with a universal primer)
- Terrazzo (properly prepared with all waxes and surface finishes removed)
SUBSTRATE MOISTURE TESTING
- RH – 99% [ASTM F2170]
- pH – 5-12
- MVER – 12 lbs [ASTM F1869]
Follow flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for allowable levels of moisture. Substrate must be prepared per ASTM F710 standards including, but not limited to the following:
- Concrete floors must be dry, clean, smooth and structurally sound. They shall be free of any foreign materials that might prevent adhesive bond, including dust, dirt, solvent, paint, wax, oil, grease, residual adhesive, adhesive removers, incompatible sealers, fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, release agents, alkaline salts, excessive carbonation, laitance, mold, mildew, and curing, sealing, hardening or parting compounds.
- Fill all surface cracks, grooves, depressions, control joints and non-moving joints with moisture-resistant patching and self-leveling compounds, allow to fully cure and correct high spots before applying adhesive.
- The substrate, adhesive and flooring must be acclimated in an enclosed building with the HVAC operational between 60-95°F (15-35°C), and between 30-65% relative humidity, for at least 72 hours before, during and after the installation.
- When installing over radiant heated subfloors, turn the heat off for 24 hours before, during and after installation. Failure to turn the heat off may result in shortened working time of the adhesive. When turning radiant heat back on, raise it incrementally, not to exceed a change of more than 5 degrees per hour to a maximum of 85°.
- Concrete must be placed in strict accordance with applicable standards and specifications. An intact moisture vapor retarder must be present below the concrete (see ASTM E1745), must be fully cured (at least 45 days) and without hydrostatic pressure.
- Although BONDLINK™ is a high-moisture tolerant adhesive, it does not form a moisture vapor barrier and will not protect flooring from moisture damage.
- Flooring must be acclimated per manufacturer’s guidelines.
Follow flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for layout, design and any special precautions for installation.
- Spread adhesive using required tools (see tool chart below).
- Install flooring per the instructions below dependent upon desired application method.
- PSA (porous and non-porous substrates)
- Wait 30-60 minutes after adhesive is spread to allow it to dry.
- Working time is approximately 3 hours under acceptable temperature and humidity conditions.
- Semi-wet set (porous substrates only)
- Wait 20-30 minutes after adhesive is spread to allow it to skin over.
- Working time is approximately 20-30 minutes under acceptable temperature and humidity conditions.
- For sheet vinyl, back-roll the adhesive with an adhesive saturated roller to smooth out the trowel ridges.
- PSA (porous and non-porous substrates)
- Roll and cross roll floor with a 75-100 lbs (34-45 kg) roller at the end of the installation to ensure proper transfer of adhesive.
- For sheet goods, roll from the center toward the perimeter to expel trapped air.
- Check flooring after 2 hours and roll again if necessary.
- Do not wet mop the floor for 72 hours after the install is complete.
- Do not strip and finish the floor for 72 hours after the install is complete.
- Reseal lid when not in use to protect product.
REQUIRED TOOLS AND COVERAGE
*Trowel dimensions are width X depth X spacing. Coverage is approximate and may vary depending on porosity of substrate and the angle at which the trowel is held.
For Moisture Barrier and Sound Control Application
|Tool*||(images not to scale)||Estimated Coverage|
|LVT/LVP (porous), Rubber (tile and sheet), WPC/WSC, Cork-backed hard surface, Cork|
underlayment, Stair treads (rubber and vinyl)
|1/16” x 1/16” x 1/16”|
(1.6mm x 1.6mm x 1.6mm)
|Sheet goods (vinyl, homogeneous, heterogeneous, feltbacked), LVT/LVP (non-porous), VCT/VET||1/16” x 1/32” x 1/32”|
(1.6mm x .8mm x .8mm)
|Fiberglass-backed sheet goods||3/8″|
Short nap paint roller
|Up to 350 sf/gal|
|Product Classification||Transitional Pressure Sensitive Adhesive|
|Base Chemistry||Hybrid acrylic|
|Curing Method||Proprietary cross-linking|
|Appearance||Light to dark tan as adhesive dries|
|Consistency||Smooth, medium viscosity liquid|
|Freeze/Thaw||Stable to 10°F (-12°C)|
|Shelf Life||2 years|
|Open Time||20-30 MIN (Semi-wet-set)|
|Dry Time||30-60 MIN (PSA)|
|Working Time||3 HRS (PSA), 20-30 MIN (Semi-wet-set)|
|Cure Time||12 hrs|
|Light Traffic||0 MIN (PSA), 20-30 MIN (Semi-wet-set)|
|Heavy Traffic||24 hrs|
|Heavy Rolling Loads||48 hrs|
|VOC (g/L) – SCAQMD, Rule #1168||21|
|LEED Points||Contributes to low emitting materials|
This product should be stored at temperatures between 50-90°F (15-32° C). While this product is freeze-thaw stable, it is necessary to protect it from freezing.
Freeze/thaw stable to 10°F (-12°C)
For warranty information, call Bruce Flooring at 1-866-243-2726, visit us on the web at www.bruce.com. Flooring manufacturer’s and Bruce Flooring written preinstallation and installation instructions must be strictly followed or the Bruce Flooring warranty will be void.