Board Replacement Procedures
If a plank is damaged, it can be easily replaced, even if it is in the center of the room.
- Identify the tongue side and end of the board board that needs to be replaced.
- Run a utility knife between the beveled edges, applying enough pressure to score into the tongue. Repeat the process until you cut all the way through. See illustration:
- Carefully remove the damaged board.
- Clean the area thoroughly of any debris.
- Using the utility knife, cut off the same parts of the new board.
- Carefully lay the new board where the damaged board was removed to ensure a good fit. Slight trimming may be needed.
- Once you’re happy with the fit, remove the board and apply adhesive recommended for IXPE pad into the area being replaced. We recommend Bruce Tufflink adhesive.
- Once the new board is installed, apply a heavy weight for 24 hours to allow the glue to set.